Our household waste recycling sites are only available to residents who live within East Riding. From Friday 1 October, you will need proof to show that you live in the East Riding when you visit any of our sites. Proof can be any of the following:
- household waste recycling site resident's pass
- valid driving licence with your East Riding address on it
- utility bill, such as a gas or water bill, showing your East Riding address (dated within the last 3 months)
- council tax bill (dated within the last 12 months)
- bank statement (dated within the last 3 months).
If you do not have a paper copy of a document we will accept proof of residency on a phone or tablet.
You will be refused entry to the site if you do not have valid proof.
Please note: if you drive a van, 2-door pick-up, sign-written vehicle or have a trailer that is larger than 6ft x 4ft (1.8m x 1.2m) you'll need a permit to enter a household waste recycling site (tip).
Find out more about permits.
Find a household waste recycling site.